The Bent Over Row…
- Back, General
- Trapezius, Middle
- Trapezius, Lower
- Latissimus Dorsi
- Teres Major
- Deltoid, Posterior
- Teres Minor
- Pectoralis Major, Sternal
- Bend knees slightly and lean over bar with back straight. Grasp bar with a shoulder width, underhand grip.
- Pull bar to upper waist. Return until arms are extended and shoulders are stretched downward. Repeat.
- Torso may be kept horizontal for strict execution. Knees are bent in effort to keep low back straight.
- If low back becomes rounded due to tight hamstrings, either try bending knees more or don’t position torso as low. Either fix may compromise involvement of Latissimus Dorsi since it forces more shoulder transverse extension and less shoulder extension range of motion.
Instruction adapted from www.exrx.net and video supplied by MaxiNutrition (@MaxiNutrition)